There are various ways to access a poll. For some polls, you must verify your identity before comencing. These are a few types of verification requirements you may run into:
- E-mail verification
- If you are registered, please login.
- If you are not registered and the poll requires registration, please register.
- If you log in and your access to the poll is denied, please contact the poll admin (creator of the poll)
- SMS verification
- You may be asked to fill in your phone number. Upon doing so, you will recieve an SMS with a unique PIN code, please fill the PIN into the PIN bracket and click OK.
- PIN verification
- If you have a PIN, please write it into the bracket. If you do not and the poll you would like to participate in requires it, please contact thepoll admin (creator of the poll).
Introduction to the poll:
- Once verified, you will be directed to the “Start” page for the poll. The page will show you who the organizer of the poll is, it will give you a description of the poll, and it will tell you how many “plus” and “minus” votes you are entitled to. You can also click on the link on the right side of the page that says, “How to Vote”, and you will be directed to a brief tutorial on how to cast your plus and minus votes.
- If the poll is multilingual, you can change which language you view the poll in (see the picture below).
- Once you click the green button that says “Start”, you will be directed to the ballot page. On this page, you will cast your votes. You can do so by clicking the green “plus” and red “minus” buttons. Make sure to click the “Detail” botton next to the options to view all text and other multi-media associated with each option.
- The standard is to give two positive votes and to cast one negative vote
- Now, please click the green “Review” button.
Check your votes:
- You will now be directed to a page that will ask you to review your choices. Please do so and then click the green “Confirm” botton.
Filling in personal information:
7. Next, you will be directed to the Personal Details page, which will ask you to fill in a little information about yourself. Depending on the poll organizer’s choice, these details will either be optional or required. Fill in your personal details and then click the green button that says, “Vote.”
8. Finally, you will be directed to a page that will inform you of when the results of the poll will be available. This page gives you some additional options like inviting your friends to the poll and drawing attention to it on social media. Tune in at that time to see the results!